MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

macro problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkpix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: macro problems
    Posted: 28/Jan/2009 at 7:10pm
I've been using WSR, more or less happily, full-time in my newspaper writing job for two months after an arm injury.

Downloaded and installed wsr macros today, which looks to be very useful.

The program runs and I am able to create macros, but they are not recognized when I dictate them. e.g. the macro titled "macro deadlines" simply results in those words appearing.

Ideas?

Thanks
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Jan/2009 at 11:05pm
bkpix,

Did you set the security level to low? Also, post the macro.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
BradT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jan/2009 at 7:45pm
Hi bkpix,

Have you had any luck getting WSRMacros to work properly?  You are right in that it is very useful.  Actually, once you get the hang of it, you will find it to be indispensable in your everyday computer use.

Please let us know if you're still stuck.  Any other information you can provide about how it's not working will be useful too.

BradT

Edited by BradT - 30/Jan/2009 at 7:46pm
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Mar/2011 at 12:39pm
I can see that it has been awhile since anyone posted in here, but I am having the exact same problem, and need help fixing it.  Obviously the other fellow figured it out, but no such luck for me. What/where/how do I set a security level to low?

Thanks. Smile

Edited by Sixwheels - 27/Mar/2011 at 12:40pm
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Mar/2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Sixwheels Sixwheels wrote:

I can see that it has been awhile since anyone posted in here, but I am having the exact same problem,

That is because few people have the problem. 

Quote Obviously the other fellow figured it out, but no such luck for me. What/where/how do I set a security level to low?
  1. Right click the WSRMacros icon (blue oval) in the lower right Taskbar.
  2. Click Security.
  3. Set Security Level to Low.

If you still have a problem, go back to Security and create a Signing Certificate.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
Microsoft MVP
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Mar/2011 at 1:22pm
Excellent! All is working as it should. And thanks so much for the quick response. :-)
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Mar/2011 at 2:21pm
Hold on. I may have spoken too soon. I created a simple macro much like the example "sign off" macro, it worked once, but then it wouldn't work again. Instead of doing the macro, it just printed the activation command. I did adjust some settings after creating the macro; could that have caused it to quit working?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Mar/2011 at 2:50pm

Hold on. I may have spoken too soon. I created a simple macro much like the example "sign off" macro, it worked once, but then it wouldn't work again. Instead of doing the macro, it just printed the activation command. I did adjust some settings after creating the macro; could that have caused it to quit working?
Check your settings. Try recreating the Macro.

Marty
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2011 at 10:22am
Well, recreating the macro seems to have brought it back again, but then, it worked once before. I will play around with it for a while and see whether it sticks.
Thanks for your time, Marty.

Sincerely,

James W Hays
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2011 at 6:50pm
I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. The macros will work for a short while, but any change in settings causes them to quit working. Recreating the macro sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Certainly there has to be some way to make this a little bit more stable and less complicated. Certificate signing has never made any sense to me at all, and 90% of the time trying to sign one of these macros fails. What am I doing wrong?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Mar/2011 at 8:54pm

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. The macros will work for a short while, but any change in settings causes them to quit working.
Help us out here, what change in settings are you talking about???

Quote Certificate signing has never made any sense to me at all, and 90% of the time trying to sign one of these macros fails. What am I doing wrong?
1. Have you created signing certificate with security set to Medium?
2. Have you set a Default Signing Certificate?

If not, do the above.

Marty
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Mar/2011 at 9:17am
Generally, the only settings I'm changing are the Tune Microphone sliders (I'm trying to get it perfect Wink), but as soon as I do, the macro quits working. As for certificates, yes, the security is set to medium, and I did set a default. Seems to make no difference. Is there a way for me to attach an image in this forum? I could take a snapshot of the error window when it pops up. Smile
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Mar/2011 at 9:25am

Generally, the only settings I'm changing are the Tune Microphone sliders (I'm trying to get it perfect Wink), but as soon as I do, the macro quits working.
Man goes to doctor and says, "Doctor, everytime I raise my arm it hurts. What should I do. Mr. Jones, do not raise your arm."

The Tune Microphone feature is wonderful. However, your attempt to tweak to perfection is an act of futility. One's voice changes over the course of the day and background noise levels change over the course of a day. The microphone tuning will work well within a given range. Find a sweet spot and do not change it. The most important thing you can do at any time to improve accuracy is to remember to enunciate each word as you dictate. I find when I can feel my mouth forming words, accuracy is best.

Quote As for certificates, yes, the security is set to medium, and I did set a default. Seems to make no difference. Is there a way for me to attach an image in this forum? I could take a snapshot of the error window when it pops up. Smile
The Insert Image icon is next to the File Upload icon on the top row of the toolbar.

It seems to me if you stop fooling with the Tune Microphone feature of the WSRToolkit your problem will be solved.

Marty
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Mar/2011 at 9:27am
I think I may have resolved the problem. What I did was right click on the program icon and set the compatibility mode to Windows 7. After I did that, my macro seemed to work again. I will try to create some others now and see whether it continues to work as it should. I'll keep you posted. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Mar/2011 at 7:51pm

I think I may have resolved the problem. What I did was right click on the program icon and set the compatibility mode to Windows 7. After I did that, my macro seemed to work again. I will try to create some others now and see whether it continues to work as it should. I'll keep you posted. :-)
The posting concerning the Voice Tracker was moved to  the more appropriate topic I created, WSR and Array Microphones.

Marty
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2011 at 12:29pm
Well, after using the same microphone settings for a week, I decided to start creating macros again. Unfortunately, with the same result as before. The macros just don't stick, and most of the time I can't get a certificate to apply to the macro. I've tried everything that has been suggested here, but with no success. I hope there are further things to try. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2011 at 12:32pm

Well, after using the same microphone settings for a week, I decided to start creating macros again. Unfortunately, with the same result as before. The macros just don't stick, and most of the time I can't get a certificate to apply to the macro. I've tried everything that has been suggested here, but with no success. I hope there are further things to try. :-)
Are you suggesting the microphone settings have something to do with your security settings?

I'll ask our WSRToolkit programmer to look at your issue to see if he has some fresh ideas.

Marty
Sixwheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixwheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Apr/2011 at 2:14pm
Working on a Saturday, Marty? Now that's dedication. Wink
At this point in time, Marty, I don't even know what I'm suggesting any more. All I know is that I have not touched the microphone settings, but my macros still don't seem to work. Whenever I create a new macro, trying to apply the certificate fails, and subsequently the macro doesn't work. If anything, it would seem that there is a connection between having a working macro and successfully applying a certificate. I have created the certificate, made it the default, and installed it into the trusted store, and still, 90 percent of the time it fails to apply properly.Confused
antihadron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antihadron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Apr/2011 at 11:35am
Hi,   I have been working on the Toolkit for a bit.   Sounds like you have exhausted most of the standard mechanisms regarding the security settings.  Can you send me the Macro(s) in question and I can see if I can replicate this issue.  My email address is antihadron@yahoo.com 

Can you also give me a synopsis of the the context in which you are running the command (e.g. is it inside of Word or some other application?) and if there is any rhyme or reason as to when it decides to stop working (e.g. tune the microphone feature makes it stop working)

Regards,

Nathaniel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic