MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

incorrect word recognition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
unixpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unixpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: incorrect word recognition
    Posted: 04/Mar/2013 at 12:38am
This May Be Helpful.
I was trying to dictate the name of a playing card to a notepad.txt It seemed to work fairly well but there were many incorrect words in my notepad. i quite successfully corrected some. the time it took was too long. quicker to type in at my slow speed. after receiving help from the forum ( credit must go to Marty Markoe ) i used the 'Speech Dictionary' to record my own words for the deck of cards. by accident i recorded a card as 'eightclub' all one word so i named the word '8c'. this was almost 100% successful, and while playing with names and new words and recording, i discovered you can add a punctuation to the word, so when i say eightclub the dictation types in '8c,'  This was perfect for me because i wanted a comma seperated string to import to excel. i am still geting a problem with spade being misunderstood as 'delete' which is a pain but i will probably use a token word for spade to solve this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic