MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Media player crashes when speech recognition is ac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Media player crashes when speech recognition is ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpsilonVector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Media player crashes when speech recognition is ac
    Posted: 28/Aug/2009 at 10:14am
I have the release candidate of Windows 7.  When I have Media Player opened in library mode and speech recognition is in listening mode Media Player crashes.  This does not happen in playing mode. 

The way it happens is that first speech recognition goes into its scanning mode (as indicated by the waiting icon in the panel), and it stays there for a long time.  If I try to click on any location in the player, it turns white and the crash handling mechanism kicks in.

Any idea how to solve this? 
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Aug/2009 at 2:59pm

No idea, but I have seen similar behavior with Internet Explorer while Windows Speech Recognition is running. Sometimes when I use print preview in Internet Explorer, the web browser locks up in the same manner you describe. If I stop Windows Speech Recognition and WSR macros and try using print preview again, it does it with no problem.

There does appear to be occasional conflicts between Windows Speech Recognition and the features of some programs. I think that all we can really do about stuff like this is report it to Microsoft, hope they fix it in the future, and avoided the Haider that causes the crash in the meantime.

-Russ

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic