MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > Macros and Macro Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help, Most Macros Don't Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, Most Macros Don't Work
    Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 7:42am
Hi Smile

It`s very strange, saying "start" "notepad" "close notepad" work 90% of the time, however when I say "one" it dictates and converts it
to text perfectly but when I set up a macro to "One" = "F1" it always ask me: "what was that?"

I want to play games using macros for F1 F2 F3... Is there a way to allow recognition ONLY for words within macros?

I want to prevent things like saying "charlie"(command in tactical game) and the WSR hear "charlotte".

I must be doing something wrong because for windows basic commands and text dictation it hear me mostly well, but for macros it almost never works Cry

Also, I set up a Macro for "Alpha" = "F1" but when I said "Alpha" it always read as "Moving"
so I prevented the word "Moving" in the dictionary but it didn't work.

Any ideas? 

Edited by Gordyne - 09/Jan/2015 at 7:49am
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Gordyne Gordyne wrote:

It`s very strange, saying "start" "notepad" "close notepad" work 90% of the time, however when I say "one" it dictates and converts it to text perfectly but when I set up a macro to "One" = "F1" it always ask me: "what was that?"

Why not name the trigger word F1? If that does not work, try naming the trigger word, Eff-one.

Marty
Gordyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 3:05pm
Already tried that, it seems like it's  almost deaf for macros. Now it has gone a bit crazy and its not even recognizing Notepad commands.
mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Gordyne Gordyne wrote:

Already tried that, it seems like it's  almost deaf for macros. Now it has gone a bit crazy and its not even recognizing Notepad commands.

Sounds crazy, but reboot with WSR started on boot. Worth a try.
Marty
russ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jan/2015 at 4:16pm
...and make sure the WSR Macros program is actually running.

You could also try raising the priority of the command with the following syntax in the macro:

<command priority="100">

This essentially raises the command in the "pecking order" that WSR is looking at to decide how to interpret your speaking. The range is 0 (the lowest and the default) to 127 (the highest priority).

However, if your <listenFor> statements are not very distinctive and at times mirror existing keys (like "one"), WSR may continue to struggle. Consider using short trigger phrases like Fort 1, Fort 2, and Fort 3 for F1, F2, and F3.

-Russ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic