MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > New Users & General Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to force formatting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
andy t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to force formatting
    Posted: 13/Mar/2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by mpatton mpatton wrote:

Whenever I say a patent number ("seven three nine five four seven six" = "7395476"), WSR forces the formatting as a telephone number and inserts a hyphen after the first three characters, e.g. "739-5476".

Whenever I say a file number ( e.g. "pee one nine four six five") it formats the speech as "P1946 five".

mpatton,

When dictating numbers or a combination of numbers and letters using WSR, why don't you simply switch to typing mode to dictate your codes?

If you're making macros then you probably know how to do this anyway but just in case you do not.

You say "Start Typing" then the speech meter will inform you are now in typing mode.

Then clearly and concisely, state each number one at a time. 7395476

If you want to include letters as you have done in your code, still using typing mode; you use the phonetic alphabet this way by saying:

"p as in papa 19465" that should bring out your code as so p19465

If you want the "p" to be capitalised, you would then say:

"Capital P as in papa 19465" that will bring out your code as so P19465

When you have finished in typing mode, you simply just say "Stop Typing" to take you back to dictation mode.

Cannot understand why you are trying to make a macro for these codes when using typing mode is a more bullet-proof way of undertaking this task in WSR.

andy t

mmarkoe View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Mar/2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by mpatton mpatton wrote:

Whenever I say a patent number ("seven three nine five four seven six" = "7395476"), WSR forces the formatting as a telephone number and inserts a hyphen after the first three characters, e.g. "739-5476".

Whenever I say a file number ( e.g. "pee one nine four six five") it formats the speech as "P1946 five".
I just dictated 7395476 without a problem. I simply dictated them in groups of two. First I said 73, then 95, then 47, then 6. It is all in the pacing.

Edited by mmarkoe - 13/Mar/2012 at 10:30am
Marty Markoe, MVP
Microsoft Valued Partner
See us at: http://www.mymsspeech.com
mpatton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Mar/2012 at 9:59am

I wrote a WSR macro using <number> that forces the file number to display in the proper format (e.g. "P19465") and I am sure I can do the same for the patent number recognition as well. Unfortunately, however, the <number> macro only works as a standalone utterance.

In other words, I have to pause, wait for the completion of the previous recognition, and then say "pee five six three eight nine", then pause again for this utterance to be recognized.

Is there any way to edit the continuous speech recognition rules used by WSR to force the desired output format?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic