MSSpeech-Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Windows™ Speech Recognition Forums > WSR for Professionals > Writers & Other Professionals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Using WSR and WSR Toolkit for keyboard shortcuts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using WSR and WSR Toolkit for keyboard shortcuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemnfert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using WSR and WSR Toolkit for keyboard shortcuts
    Posted: 15/Nov/2011 at 3:27pm
I've been posting in the forum about auto hiding WSR as soon as it opens. However, even though I finally figured out how to make the suggested shortcut to work, it still refuses to hide. Not even Microsoft tech support can get it to work, so I'm presuming the developers of WSR have actually made it so that the software has to sit on top when it starts, thus making telling it to minimise on startup will not work.

I am desperate to get WSR working properly, so I've decided to ignore the auto hide for now, and work on the actual issues I need.

WSR Toolkit does a reasonable amount of the things I need to do, such as helping with making macros etc. However, I am faced with another issue while trying to figure out what my macros will be.

Because different software has different keyboard shortcuts for the same commands (the software makers have not standardised the keyboard shortcuts across art platforms) I would really, really, really love to be able to have the WSR Toolkit be able to recognise what application is currently focussed and be able to do the right keyboard combination for the command given. I am needing to use at least three separate art programmes for my work. I need to have the software application sensitive, as otherwise I would need to come up with three different macros for the same thing (can you come up with three memorable ways of saying "pencil" that won't interfere with other options?) memorise the commands for those macros, and somehow remember which one is for which software, while attempting to actually get the work done. Now, imagine doing that same exercise for ten separate tools, and you can imagine just how imperative application sensitivity is, and how useful it can be for people who need to seriously use WSR Toolkit for business.

I want to buy WSR Toolkit, and if the developers can say that they will be able to work on application sensitivity, and get it up and running soon (I don't expect anything this week, but can work in a hobbled sense for up to a month), I'll be buying the software today, and will be letting other graphics people know about it and what it can do for them. I am seriously surprised that graphics people have yet to see just how freeing WSR and WSR Toolkit can be for their business and their productivity. If the developers are happy to work with graphics people (especially in a way that would actually help any users of WSR Toolkit who use multiple applications), then I am more than happy to spread the word about just what a difference it can make to their businesses. This opens WSR Toolkit up to potentially getting tens of thousands more professional users worldwide.

mmarkoe_admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Nov/2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by gemnfert gemnfert wrote:

Because different software has different keyboard shortcuts for the same commands (the software makers have not standardised the keyboard shortcuts across art platforms) I would really, really, really love to be able to have the WSR Toolkit be able to recognise what application is currently focussed
WSRToolkit macro wizard allows you to specify a particular program for a macro. See screenshot below. The drop down list has common programs like Word, Outlook etc. or use the Browse button to find the executable for your specific program.

Marty
gemnfert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemnfert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Nov/2011 at 2:51pm
Oooh, even better :D

Off to get the software now :)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Nov/2011 at 3:46pm

Off to get the software now :)
See the order. Will send Invoice with License Key shortly. Make sure to follow directions.

Marty
gemnfert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemnfert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2011 at 8:28pm
I am just wanting you to know that right now I am feeling like a complete and utter moron.

I set up the software, installed the stuff I needed to from Microsoft so the toolkit would run. I set up the license key. The software opens. I write in what I want it to do... and when I click on build it refuses to save. I know I've done something wrong. Any clues on what I need to do to get things running? I will admit I've been crook as a dog for the last couple of weeks, so have ignored things somewhat... but surely my head isn't that fuzzy still?!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Nov/2011 at 11:06pm

set up the software, installed the stuff I needed to from Microsoft so the toolkit would run. I set up the license key. The software opens. I write in what I want it to do... and when I click on build it refuses to save.
You need to sign your macros and set security level to low.
a. Right click the blue oval Macro icon in the lower right Taskbar.
b. Security, Set Security Level to Low.
c. Security, Sign Speech Macros

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.

PS. Most people do not have to do this. Why you should have to I have no idea.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Nov/2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by mmarkoe_admin mmarkoe_admin wrote:

a. Right click the blue oval Macro icon in the lower right Taskbar.
As a follow up to the message posted last evening, is the Windows Speech Recognition Macros Icon showing?   If not, you have not installed WSRMacros or not installed it properly.

Marty
gemnfert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemnfert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Nov/2011 at 5:59pm
Sorry, I half typed a response, but then fell asleep before pressing "post"

Yes, that icon is showing. I used that to change the security styff. That *was* the one to change it with, right? (Just checking, since the options were right and I didn't think to look for those settings on WSR Toolkit)

Still having the same problem, but it seems to save the file even though it says "File Not Found" followed by "File not saved"
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmarkoe_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Nov/2011 at 6:43pm

but it seems to save the file even though it says "File Not Found" followed by "File not saved"
See if the trigger word (command word or words you gave the macro) executes the macro.

Marty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic